Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Two new projects for Vidya Balan


With the advent of a new year on Jan 1, Vidya Balan has ventured on new arenas. Vidya’s birthday falls on the 1st Jan itself and this year she went to Panchgani with her family for birthday celebrations. The New Year brought two new promising roles for Vidya. One is Nikhil Advani’s ‘Chand Bhai’ and the other is Vibhu Puri’s ‘Chenab Gandhi’. The latter is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. ‘Chand Bhai’ does not have Miss Balan in the central role and she gets to pair opposite Akshaye Khanna. The film is based on a delinquent boy’s character and has a social message attached to it.

Advani’s ‘Chand Bhai’ is a far cry from Advani’s last release ‘Chandni Chowk To China’. Says Vidya, “It’s nothing like the high-flying glam-wham stuff that one expects from Nikhil after Chandni Chowk. Chand Bhai is a stark very real kind of drama. And I get to co-star with a very talented actor Akshaye Khanna with whom I was in Nikhil’s Salaam-e-Ishq though we had just one passing shot together.”

Vidya is excited about ‘Chenab Gandhi’ too and says, “I haven’t really interacted that much with my co-star Hurman as yet. With Mr. Bachchan who plays the title role, I share a lifelong bonding. Right from Eklavya we’ve been paired in so many films right up to Chenab Gandhi and now Balki’s Pa. If I did all the films last year that I was offered with Mr. Bachchan, I wouldn’t be working with anyone else.”

source:bollywood-stars.net

No comments:

Post a Comment